2023 Adult Health 1 Study Guide Hematologic Blood Unit Chapters 32 63 64 Remember that assigned textbook readings should
Nursing 2023 Hematologic Blood Unit
Adult Health 1 Study Guide Hematologic Blood Unit Chapters 32 63 64 Remember that assigned textbook readings should 2023 Assignment
Adult Health 1 Study Guide
Hematologic (Blood) Unit
Chapters 32, 63-64
Remember that assigned textbook readings should be supplemental to reviewing & studying the Powerpoint presentations. Answers to these study guide questions can be obtained from the textbook chapters, powerpoint presentations, as well as class lectures & in-class activities.
Chapter 32: Assessment of Hematologic Function & Treatment Modalities – (p. 917-922)
*This chapter is an A&P overview of the hematologic system structures, assessment, & diagnostics.
Must Know: Blood Transfusions – (p. 917-922)
1. Describe the pre-transfusion assessments & nursing care that is necessary for patients who are to receive a blood transfusion. See Chart 32-2.
2. Describe the nursing care involved when initiating a blood transfusion for a patient. See Chart 32-2. What additional checks need to be made before hanging & starting the blood transfusion?
3. Describe the nursing care involved following completion of a blood transfusion for a patient. See Chart 32-2.
4. There are many different types of transfusion reactions that can occur in patients. What are some signs and symptoms of transfusion reactions?
5. What should the nurse do if he/she suspects the patient is having a transfusion reaction?
Chapter 33: Management of Patients with Nonmalignant Hematologic Disorders – (p. 925-931, p. 933-941)
Conditions to Know: Anemias, Iron deficiency anemia, Megaloblastic anemia, Pernicious anemia, Sickle cell anemia
1. What is anemia and what are some of the common causes of this condition?
2. What are some risk factors for anemia?
3. What are some signs and symptoms of anemia?
4. What lab values or cultures do we look at to diagnose anemia?
5. What is iron-deficiency anemia and what is the most common cause?
6. What is the primary treatment method for iron-deficiency anemia? What are patient teaching points we would want to include in our patient education regarding this treatment modality? See Chart 33-3.
7. Patients with iron-deficiency anemia should also be encouraged to consume foods high in iron. What are some foods that are high in iron that we should recommend?
8. Megaloblastic anemias develop slowly (over months) and the body can compensate well for a long time before symptoms of anemia will develop. The erythrocytes produced in this type of anemia are abnormally large. Megaloblastic anemia results from a deficiency of which two sources?
9. What are risk factors for the development of folic acid deficiency anemia?
10. What is pernicious anemia?
11. What are some signs and symptoms of pernicious anemia?
12. How is folic acid deficiency and pernicious anemias treated? What teaching points would we want to include in our patient education regarding this treatment modality?
13. What are foods that are high in folic acid or vitamin B12?
14. What is sickle cell anemia & how do patients inherit this disorder?
15. Describe the nursing care that is necessary when caring for a patient in sickle cell crisis.
#eduessaylab #assignmenthelp #nursingstudents #lawstudents #termpaperbuddy #savvyessaywriters #onlineprowriters #essaywriters4life #exclusivewritings #writinghub.net #collegerpapertutors #www.legalessaywriters.com # legalessaywriters #nursingsavvywriters #nursingassignmenthelp #professionalessaybuddy.com #professionalessaybuddy #timelynursingwriters
We give our students 100% satisfaction with their assignments, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us to other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason is that we have successfully helped more than 100000 students with their assignments on our inception days. Our expert group has more than 2200 professionals in different topics, and that is not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.
PLACE ORDER NOW