Nursing 2023 Management Of Patients With Hematologic Neoplasms
Case Study Chapter 34 Management of Patients With Hematologic Neoplasms 1 John King 60 years of age is 2023 Assignment
Case Study, Chapter 34, Management of Patients With Hematologic Neoplasms
1. John King, 60 years of age, is a male patient who is admitted with the diagnosis of multiple myeloma. He presents with a spinal fracture of the fifth lumbar vertebrae. The patient is scheduled for a vertebroplasty of the spinal fracture. The patient is to remain on bed rest and should be log rolled. Osteolytic lesions are seen in x-rays of the skull, vertebrae, and ribs. The patient has hypercalcemia. The patient’s uric acid level is elevated. The patient has orders for zoledronic acid (Zometa), thalidomide (Thalomid), allopurinol (Zyloprim), calcitonin, ibuprofen, and Vicodin. (Learning Objective 5)
- What nursing management should the nurse provide the patient?
- Explain the indication and action of the various medications ordered to treat the patient’s symptoms.
2. Susan Clare, age 38, is admitted to the medical oncology unit with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). She has many areas of ecchymosis and petechiae on her skin, as well as generalized pallor. She states she has lost 15 pounds in the last 2 months, and often has a low-grade fever. On physical assessment, you find her liver and spleen to be enlarged on palpation. (Learning Objective 3)
- What laboratory results would you anticipate due to her ecchymosis and petechia?
- Why would it be important to inspect her gums and teeth?
- Why is her liver enlarged?
#eduessaylab #assignmenthelp #nursingstudents #lawstudents #termpaperbuddy #savvyessaywriters #onlineprowriters #essaywriters4life #exclusivewritings #writinghub.net #collegerpapertutors #www.legalessaywriters.com # legalessaywriters #nursingsavvywriters #nursingassignmenthelp #professionalessaybuddy.com #professionalessaybuddy #timelynursingwriters
We give our students 100% satisfaction with their assignments, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us to other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason is that we have successfully helped more than 100000 students with their assignments on our inception days. Our expert group has more than 2200 professionals in different topics, and that is not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.